1. We will seek to understand the interests of Indigenous communities and work diligently to support meaningful and lasting reconciliation initiatives.
2. We will listen to, learn from, and consider the values and input of Indigenous communities in our plans, and seek to develop those plans together.
3. We will endeavour to develop and foster meaningful relationships through open and timely communication.
4. We will strive to create mutually beneficial and meaningful business relationships, including opportunities for equity ownership in business.
5. We will seek to grow mutually beneficial business relationships with Indigenous vendors and work to procure goods and services from businesses committed to advancing reconciliation with Indigenous communities.
6. We will work towards making Western a forestry employer of choice for Indigenous people by fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce and a welcoming workplace.
7. We will work with and encourage our contractors and communities to increase their awareness of opportunities to employ Indigenous people.
8. We will collaborate with Indigenous communities and educational institutions to enhance worker readiness in the forest sector.